Quilt as You Go is your challenge for July. Each kit has a square of batting and three colors. There are two ways to go about making your block.
- OPTION 1. Sew your scraps into a block that finishes about ~7×7. Lay your finished block over the batting. Quilt as desired. No need for backing at this time.. For an example, see: https://www.instructables.com/id/Quilt-As-You-Go-Quilt/
- OPTION 2. Alternatively, cut your fabric into smaller scraps. Sew the scrap right side up onto the batting.
- Quilt over the scrap to secure in place. Straight-line quilting looks very good in this method.
- Grab your next scrap. Lay fabric right side down, overlapping the previous piece. Sew the seam in place.
- Fold the second scrap over (right side now up) and fold down onto the batting.
- Quilt this second piece as you go. https://heyletsmakestuff.com/bloomin-quilt-as-you-go-panel-tutorial/