Can I be a guest at a guild meeting?
Yes! We’d love to have you join us. Visiting us is free, but we do ask that you join the guild if you attend more than two meetings.
OK, I’ve visited and decided that I want to join. What’s the cost?
Our annual dues are $50 for the calendar year. For those of you who discover us and join late in the year, dues are discounted. Regardless of when you join, a portion of your dues covers your membership in our local guild and a portion goes to the national/international organization so you have full membership privileges to the Modern Quilt Guild.
What’s included in the Dues?
As an OCMQG Member you will join an energetic group of quilters who embrace and celebrate the modern quilt movement. You will also be able to:
- Attend our monthly meetings (with a chance to win a door prize)
- Attend our weekend sews
- Participate in
- Guild Challenges
- Block Lotto
- Handmade Item Raffles
- Attend workshops and lectures at a discounted price
- Attend Guild Field Trips
- Attend Guild Social Events
- Participate in Philanthropy Projects
When you join our guild, you are automatically joining the the Modern Quilt Guild as well; $15 of the dues go to the Modern Quilt Guild. As a member of the MQG you will get:
- Access the MQG online community
- Access to MQG’s monthly webinar series — check their archives, good stuff there
- Access to their free monthly pattern and block of the month
- Opportunities to participate in inter-guild swaps and challenges
- Discounted fees to enter MQG quilt shows
- Discounted rates on MQG conferences and events
- Priority and early bird registration on conference and event admissions
- Discounted small business and personal insurance
- Discounts and special offers with MQG sponsors and affiliated companies
- Membership card
- Enamel pin
- Blog button
- 10% discount on online MQG merchandise purchases
You may join The Modern Quilt Guild independently but in doing so would not automatically become a member of the OCMQG.
DO YOUR MEMBERS ACTUALLY USE ANY OF THE PERKS FROM THE MQG?
Why, yes they do. They’ve viewed their webinars, downloaded free monthly patterns, participated in swaps & challenges. Oh, and have saved big money entering quilts to the annual show and attending the show, workshops, and lectures.
Still have questions? Ask them below: