Here’s the recap from March’s Meeting.
Once again we had a great turnout for our March meeting – Thank you to Cecile for hosting us at the Sewing Party! (Reminder – The Sewing Party Studio Open House is always the 2nd Saturday of the month – Next one on May 14)
We talked about the Block Lotto – and passed around an interest list. If you weren’t able to make it to the meeting and would like to participate, please let us know. We will have fabric at our April meeting, a block to make – those participating bring a $1 for every block you want to enter. And in May – we will draw for all the blocks and hopefully someone will walk away with a quilt. (photo above is from Block Lotto Gallery and shows what you can do with the blocks!)
Congrats to our March Challenge Winners
Left: 1st Place went to Shellie Rancilio for a Modern Star and Modern Log Cabin Combo. Middle: 2nd Place went to Kathy Schwager
Right: 3rd Place went to Gail Sevilla
Our July Challenge is an 18″x18″ Mini Quilt. It must be modern and it can be anything you want. Please see the Challenge Page for more details. Looking forward to seeing all the wonderful Mini Quilts!
QuiltCon 2016 Charity Quilt
We decided as a group to donate our QuiltCon Charity quilt to PCRF – Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation! Thank you Susan for assisting us in getting our quilt to this amazing organization.
Gail and Kathy were double winners! Thank you to JayBird Quilts for donating some beautiful patterns and to Art Gallery for donating fabric.
Our Social Chair (Butterfly) Margie brought us a lot of great information from fellow guilds (thank you, Margie!)
- Modern Quilt Exhibit – Upcoming Events
- We will explore Modern Traditionalism in an exhibit of 60 + juried quilts from US and International quilters.
- We want to exhibit YOUR Modern Traditional creation.
- Where: Ontario Museum of Art and History, Ontario, California.
- When: December 1-January 22, 2017.
- Theme: Modern Quilts: Redesigning Traditions
- Entry Deadline: June 15, 2016
- Applications, information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The LA quilt show
- A call for entries for their show in August.
- Entries accepted from March 1 – July 31, 2016 August
- Long Beach Modern Quilt Guild Guest
- April 5 meeting
- Jennifer Papcki
- Check out their website for more information: www.longbeachmodernquiltguild.com
- Pixils to Patchwork – Helping you to get organized.
- Pasadena Museum of History
- Crossing the Atlantic Quilt by Quilt
- March 5 through May 15
Our next Sew is at Cosmic Quilting on April 10 – that’s a week from today.
Our next Meeting is on April 28th at Charrisse Consign Design
Looking forward to see everyone soon and Keep on Quilting.
You must be logged in to post a comment.